- 1 What is commercial farming write its four characteristics?
- 2 What are the main characteristics of commercial farming in India?
- 3 What is commercial farming?
- 4 What are the characteristics of farming system?
- 5 What are the 3 categories of commercial farming?
- 6 What are the two types of commercial farming?
What is commercial farming write its four characteristics?
Four characteristics of commercial farming in India are. 1. High quantities of fertilisers, high yield variety seeds, insecticides and pesticides are used to enhance the productivity of land. 2. The degree and extent of commercialised agriculture varies from region to region.
What are the main characteristics of commercial farming in India?
(i) The main characteristic of commercial farming is the use of high doses of modern inputs, like high yielding varieties of seeds, chemical fertilisers, insecticides and pesticides in order to obtain higher productivity.
What is commercial farming?
commercial farming. noun [ U ] COMMERCE, PRODUCTION. the production of crops and farm animals for sale, usually with the use of modern technology: commercial farming methods.
What are the characteristics of farming system?
It is considered by some as integrated, low input and highly productive farming system. Difference between Sustainable and Modern Agriculture:
|Particulars||Sustainable agriculture||Modern agriculture|
|Quality of food material||Food material are safe||Food material contain toxic residue.|
What are the 3 categories of commercial farming?
Types of Commercial Farming
- Dairy Farming. As the name suggests, it is the commercial farming of milk and milk products.
- Grain Farming.
- Plantation Farming.
- Livestock Ranching.
- Mediterranean Agriculture.
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farming.
- Commercial Gardening and Fruit Farming (truck farming )
What are the two types of commercial farming?
Wheat and maize are the most common crops of commercial grain farming. Farmers of Asia, Europe, temperate grasslands of North America generally practice this type of farming. Plantation farming – Plantation farming is a mix of agriculture and industry and is practised across a vast area of land.