- 1 How can agriculture negatively impact the environment quizlet?
- 2 What is a challenge faced by present day farmers?
- 3 Which of the following is a benefit of the green revolution?
- 4 Which of the following is a benefit of pest control?
- 5 Which of the following is an impact of industrialized agriculture on the environment quizlet?
- 6 What are three problems that can result from poor soil management?
- 7 Why are farmers poor?
- 8 What was the biggest problem farmers faced?
- 9 What are some problems that farmers faced?
- 10 What are the positive and negative impacts of green revolution?
- 11 What is advantage and disadvantage of green revolution?
- 12 What are the merits and demerits of Green Revolution Class 9?
- 13 What are the advantages of pesticides?
- 14 What are the benefits of pesticides?
- 15 What are the disadvantages of pest control?
How can agriculture negatively impact the environment quizlet?
Resources that cannot be replenished within a reasonable amount of time. Agriculture – it encouraged the growth of modern civilizations, but it has negatively impacted the natural resources such as water and fertile soil. It is caused by farming, overgrazing, seasonal drought, and climate change.
What is a challenge faced by present day farmers?
Farmers need to deal with many problems, including how to: Cope with climate change, soil erosion and biodiversity loss. Satisfy consumers’ changing tastes and expectations. Meet rising demand for more food of higher quality.
Which of the following is a benefit of the green revolution?
In addition to producing larger quantities of food, the Green Revolution was also beneficial because it made it possible to grow more crops on roughly the same amount of land with a similar amount of effort. This reduced production costs and also resulted in cheaper prices for food in the market.
Which of the following is a benefit of pest control?
Professional pest control can help you protect your health by completely eliminating your pest problem. Pests, such as ticks, spiders and cockroaches can carry dangerous and harmful bacteria and diseases. Some of these diseases include Lyme Disease, E-coli, and Salmonella poisoning.
Which of the following is an impact of industrialized agriculture on the environment quizlet?
What are the environmental impacts of industrial agriculture? Industrial agriculture requires heavy use of water and chemical inputs such as pesticides and fertilizers. Runoff can cause dead zones, and affect marine life.
What are three problems that can result from poor soil management?
Poor soil management can result in 3 problems: erosion, nutrient depletion, and desertification.
Why are farmers poor?
Majority of farmers are poor with low education, vulnerable to physical and economic risks, and financially stressed with zero savings or worse, indebtedness. As agriculture is in itself a risky financial and social enterprise, the pressure for the farming families to stay afloat is saddling.
What was the biggest problem farmers faced?
Top 10 Issues for Farmers in 2020 Rapidly depleting reserves of freshwater around the world. The looming food crisis. Economic insecurity in the United States. Ongoing closures of food processing facilities and local businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What are some problems that farmers faced?
Here is a list of the 11 biggest issues facing agriculture in 2020.
- Farm Income. From the trade war to MFP and commodity markets, farm income will have several moving pieces in 2020.
- Farm Finances.
- African Swine Fever.
- Trade War.
- Drama in D.C.
- U.S. Economy.
- Global Unrest.
- Acreage Debate.
What are the positive and negative impacts of green revolution?
It improved the economic lot of farmers, and their standard of living greatly improved. It reduced the import of food grains. The revolution increased the use of fertilizers. Generally speaking a fertilizer has the chance to soak into the soil and spread to other areas if it rains.
What is advantage and disadvantage of green revolution?
Advantages of Green Revolution The amount of greenhouse gas emissions will help to reduce this. It allows us to create more food than conventional methods of growing. In uncooperative conditions, it offers us with predictable yields. It allows a decline in food costs for the world economy.
What are the merits and demerits of Green Revolution Class 9?
Higher yield enabled farmers to sell the surplus food in the market and earn more. Pesticides and insecticides are able to protect the crops from pests and insects. A good irrigation system is able to enhance crop production. Loss of soil fertility due to increased use of chemical fertilisers.
What are the advantages of pesticides?
Eight Benefits Of Pesticides
- Pesticides help farmers to produce more with less land.
- Pesticides ensure bountiful harvests.
- Pesticides help keep food affordable.
- Pesticides help reduce waterborne and insect transmitted diseases.
- Pesticides help conserve the environment.
- Herbicides have removed the hardship of hand weeding.
What are the benefits of pesticides?
Benefits of pesticides
- Improving productivity.
- Protection of crop losses/yield reduction.
- Vector disease control.
- Quality of food.
- Other areas – transport, sport complex, building.
What are the disadvantages of pest control?
Most farmers use chemical methods to control their pest problems, there are a number of disadvantages to this method: Chemicals may be non-specific and kill beneficial insects. Pest may develop resistance to the pesticide. Pesticides may enter the food chains, accumulate and harm other organisms.