- 1 Where are mixed crop and livestock farming common in the US?
- 2 Where is livestock farming common?
- 3 Why did cattle ranching expand in the US?
- 4 What determines the location of different types of US commercial agriculture?
- 5 How do mixed crop and livestock farmers make the majority of their money?
- 6 How does cost determine what farmers grow?
- 7 What is the easiest farm animal to raise?
- 8 What is the most common animal on a farm?
- 9 What is the biggest farm animal?
- 10 Why was Texas full of cattle in 1867?
- 11 What was the longest cattle drive?
- 12 Why do cowboys have to drive the cattle to Kansas from Texas?
- 13 Who is the largest farmer in America?
- 14 What four factors have impacted high food prices?
- 15 Where is the largest farm in the United States?
Where are mixed crop and livestock farming common in the US?
Mixed crop and livestock farming is the most common form of commercial agriculture in the United States west of the Appalachians and east of 98° west longitude and in much of Europe from France to Russia (refer to Figure 10-4).
Where is livestock farming common?
Although livestock are raised and consumed throughout the world, these animals are not distributed evenly across the planet. Some of the densest areas of livestock production are found in eastern Asia, northern Africa, and the southeast region of the United States.
Why did cattle ranching expand in the US?
Why did cattle ranching expand in the US? Increased demand for beef.
What determines the location of different types of US commercial agriculture?
The distance from the farm to the market determines the choice of farming eg. Explanation: he average farm size is relatively large in commercial agriculture -in US and Canada, it is This improves planting crops each year successively by different crops.
How do mixed crop and livestock farmers make the majority of their money?
Most livestock products in mixed farming systems are derived from animals that are fed on local resources such as pasture, crop residues, fodder trees and shrubs. They create employment and they can contribute to soil texture and fertility while being an economic incentive for rearing multipurpose animals.
How does cost determine what farmers grow?
How does cost determine what farmers grow? If they need more money they will get cheaper crops. Farms located closer to market tend to select crops with higher transportation cost per hectare of out put, whereas more distant farms are more likely to select crops that can be transported less expensively.
What is the easiest farm animal to raise?
1. Pekin Ducks. Pekin Ducks are the easiest farm animals to raise. They are a great source for meat and large eggs.
What is the most common animal on a farm?
Globally, livestock production is the largest user of agricultural land (1) and estimated figures for the most commonly farmed species are: 1 billion pigs; 1.7 billion cattle and buffalo; 2.2 billion sheep and goats; and 20 billion chickens (2).
What is the biggest farm animal?
Anna Creek in Australia has a land area larger than Israel, and rears 17,000 Beef Cattle making this the largest Beef cattle producer in the world. The 5 Biggest Farms in world.
|1||Mudanjiang City Mega Farm, Heilongjiang, China||22,500,000 acres|
|2||Modern Dairy, Anhui, China||11,000,000 acres|
Why was Texas full of cattle in 1867?
Why was Texas full of cattle in 1867? Cattle herds were not managed and multiplied during the Civil War.
What was the longest cattle drive?
In reality, the largest cattle drive on record took place on Aug. 24, 1882, and only covered the distance from about Tulia to Canyon. And, after each individual cow was counted as it passed through a gate at the end of the drive, there were 10,652 head — a cattle drive record that has stood for 140 years.
Why do cowboys have to drive the cattle to Kansas from Texas?
The Chisholm Trail was not the longest cattle trail but probably became the most famous because of the song “The Old Chisholm Trail”: Cattle drives from Texas started as early as 1836 with some ranchers using this method to get their cattle to railheads so they could sell them for beef, hides and tallow.
Who is the largest farmer in America?
Bill Gates is America’s biggest farmer, his 269000 acres farmland grows potatoes and carrots
- Gates has farmlands in Louisiana, Nebraska, Georgia and other areas.
- The report states that Gates has 70,000 acres of land in North Louisiana where they grow soybeans, corn, cotton.
What four factors have impacted high food prices?
Five Causes of Higher Food Prices In the short-term, many factors affect food prices, making them volatile. These factors include supply and demand, weather, disease outbreaks, war, and natural disasters.
Where is the largest farm in the United States?
Wyoming has the largest farms in the United States followed by Montana & New Mexico. Wyoming and Montana are the only 2 states in the United States with average farm sizes over 2,000 acres. 7.