- 1 What happened as peoples began to produce farm surpluses?
- 2 What are 3 main qualities consumers demand when it comes to food products?
- 3 How did early cities differ from early farming villages?
- 4 What are two key federal agencies?
- 5 How did early humans start growing food?
- 6 Who used animals for food clothing and shelter?
- 7 What is good quality food?
- 8 How can we change the food industry?
- 9 What are the factors influencing food quality?
- 10 When did people first start living in settled communities?
- 11 Why did early humans build permanent cities and villages?
- 12 What was life like in early farming villages?
- 13 What are the 15 federal agencies?
- 14 What is the most important independent federal agency?
- 15 What is the difference between a department and an agency?
What happened as peoples began to produce farm surpluses?
having a surplus of food was a factor that led to what? to expand their variety of jobs. instead of having to spend all of their days producing food, some people were able to switch from farming to other kinds of works such as an artisan. populations expanded and settlements grew into city states.
What are 3 main qualities consumers demand when it comes to food products?
Whet 3 main trend driving qualities do consumers demand in food products? Health, convenience, and great taste.
How did early cities differ from early farming villages?
Early cities needed an organized government more than farming villages because having an organized government can take control of different things, and reinforce laws. And allowing the government to make laws, so that the city is not chaotic, nor disorganized.
What are two key federal agencies?
- United States Congress.
- Federal judiciary of the United States.
- Executive Office of the President.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- United States Department of Commerce.
- United States Department of Defense (DOD)
- United States Department of Education.
- United States Department of Energy.
How did early humans start growing food?
The early man learns to grow food gradually as they began to adapt to the land and environment in open areas. Explanation: The early human began to shift from hunting-gathering to cultivation during the Neolithic period. Cultivation allowed the early human to depend on a staple crop and stay in one place.
Who used animals for food clothing and shelter?
The Native Americans used natural resources in every aspect of their lives. They used animal skins (deerskin) as clothing. Shelter was made from the material around them (saplings, leaves, small branches, animal fur).
What is good quality food?
High – quality foods include unrefined, minimally processed foods such as vegetables and fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and healthy sources of protein – the foods recommended in the Healthy Eating Plate.
How can we change the food industry?
12 things you can do to change how food is produced in the US
- Vote with your money.
- Buy in season.
- Buy organic.
- Know what’s in your food.
- Read labels.
- Buy foods that are grown locally.
- Shop at farmers markets.
- Make sure your farmers market takes food stamps.
What are the factors influencing food quality?
Scientific factors affecting the quality of a food include composition, spoilage, colorants, additives, nutrients, flavorants, functional ingredients ( affecting health), contamination, general safety, etc. Consumer preferences are linked directly to the human senses such as sight, touch, smell, taste, and mouthfeel.
When did people first start living in settled communities?
Sometime about 10,000 years ago, the earliest farmers put down their roots—literally and figuratively. Agriculture opened the door to (theoretically) stable food supplies, and it let hunter-gatherers build permanent dwellings that eventually morphed into complex societies in many parts of the world.
Why did early humans build permanent cities and villages?
they could farm and grow crops. now that people had a more steady food supply, they could settle in one area for very long periods of time. As a result to this amazing achievement, people started building permanent shelters to live in.
What was life like in early farming villages?
People living in farming communities had pretty different lives from their hunter-gatherer ancestors. They lived in closer quarters, allowing disease to spread much faster, and some research suggests that people had more anxieties about disease.
What are the 15 federal agencies?
President Joe Biden’s Cabinet includes Vice President Kamala Harris and the heads of the 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and
What is the most important independent federal agency?
Among the most important independent agencies are the following: Action is the principal federal agency for administering domestic volunteer service programs to meet basic human needs, and to support the self-help efforts of poor individuals and communities.
What is the difference between a department and an agency?
What is the difference between a department, an administration, an agency, an authority, and a commission? Departments are the largest organizations within the federal bureaucracy. A minority of the agencies are independent; that is, they do not fall under any of the executive departments.