- 1 What action by humans could improve the quality of the air?
- 2 Which characteristic is necessary for natural?
- 3 What cell produces specific chemicals in response to pathogens?
- 4 Which two body systems allow humans to carry out the same life process as the amoeba in the diagram?
- 5 What are 10 ways to reduce pollution?
- 6 Which situation is a result of human activities?
- 7 What are the 3 conditions of natural selection?
- 8 What are the 4 factors of natural selection?
- 9 What are the 4 factors of evolution?
- 10 Which is an example of a response of the immune system to attack a specific pathogen?
- 11 What are specific defenses of the immune system?
- 12 Which line of defense is most important?
- 13 What are examples of organ systems?
- 14 Which situation would be part of the normal reproductive cycle of a human?
- 15 Which statement best explains why the transplanted skin is not rejected?
What action by humans could improve the quality of the air?
gasoline. (3) increasing the number of coal-burning. power plants that generate electricity. (4) cutting down forests to clear land for factories.
Which characteristic is necessary for natural?
Four conditions are needed for natural selection to occur: reproduction, heredity, variation in fitness or organisms, variation in individual characters among members of the population.
What cell produces specific chemicals in response to pathogens?
Lymphocytes are one of the main types of immune cells. Lymphocytes are divided mainly into B and T cells. B lymphocytes produce antibodies – proteins (gamma globulins) that recognize foreign substances (antigen) and attach themselves to them. B lymphocytes (or B cells ) are each programmed to make one specific antibody.
Which two body systems allow humans to carry out the same life process as the amoeba in the diagram?
within the species. the species will exist. Which two body systems allow humans to carry out the same life process as the ameba in the diagram? blood cell called a helper T-cell.
What are 10 ways to reduce pollution?
10 Best Ways to Reduce Air Pollution
- Using public transports.
- Turn off the lights when not in use.
- Recycle and Reuse.
- No to plastic bags.
- Reduction of forest fires and smoking.
- Use of fans instead of Air Conditioner.
- Use filters for chimneys.
- Avoid usage of crackers.
Which situation is a result of human activities?
Human activity is causing environmental degradation, which is the deterioration of the environment through depletion of resources such as air, water and soil; the destruction of ecosystems; habitat destruction; the extinction of wildlife; and pollution.
What are the 3 conditions of natural selection?
The essence of Darwin’s theory is that natural selection will occur if three conditions are met. These conditions, highlighted in bold above, are a struggle for existence, variation and inheritance. These are said to be the necessary and sufficient conditions for natural selection to occur.
What are the 4 factors of natural selection?
Darwin’s process of natural selection has four components.
- Variation. Organisms (within populations) exhibit individual variation in appearance and behavior.
- Inheritance. Some traits are consistently passed on from parent to offspring.
- High rate of population growth.
- Differential survival and reproduction.
What are the 4 factors of evolution?
Construct an explanation based on evidence that the process of evolution primarily results from four factors: (1) the potential for a species to increase in number, (2) the heritable genetic variation of individuals in a species due to mutation and sexual reproduction, (3) competition for limited resources, and ( 4 ) the
Which is an example of a response of the immune system to attack a specific pathogen?
A vaccine contains the antigens of a pathogen that causes disease. For example, the smallpox vaccine contains the antigens specific to smallpox. When a person is vaccinated against smallpox, the immune system responds by stimulating antibody-producing cells that are capable of making smallpox antibodies.
What are specific defenses of the immune system?
The human body has three primary lines of defense to fight against foreign invaders, including viruses, bacteria, and fungi. The immune system’s three lines of defense include physical and chemical barriers, non- specific innate responses, and specific adaptive responses.
Which line of defense is most important?
The third line of defense is most important because it involves the cells and proteins of adaptive immunity, responding directly to specific antigens. All three lines of defense depend on each other to function properly and no single line is more important than the other.
What are examples of organ systems?
The 11 organ systems include the integumentary system, skeletal system, muscular system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, endocrine system, cardiovascular system, urinary system, and reproductive systems. The VA defines 14 disability systems, which are similar to the body systems.
Which situation would be part of the normal reproductive cycle of a human?
The answer is when the presence of testosterone regulating gamete production in a male. Hormones is the one who regulated by the human reproductive system. The human female reproductive system adapted for the transport of oxygen through a placenta to a fetus. Reproduction is part of the structure c of the body system.
Which statement best explains why the transplanted skin is not rejected?
Why is the transplanted skin not rejected? The antigens of the replacement skin are the same as those of the damaged skin.