- 1 Which of the following is true about organic farming?
- 2 Which one of the following is correct for organic farming?
- 3 What is organic agriculture quizlet?
- 4 Which is a characteristic of organic farming?
- 5 What are the advantages of organic farming?
- 6 What is the importance of organic farming?
- 7 What is organic farming India?
- 8 Which one of the following is not used in organic farming?
- 9 Which of the following biotechnology methods are used in organic farming?
- 10 What is one benefit of organic farming methods quizlet?
- 11 Who invented organic farming?
- 12 What is agriculture and organic farming?
- 13 What are the types of organic farming?
- 14 What are the basic principles of organic farming?
- 15 What is the concept of organic farming?
Which of the following is true about organic farming?
Organic agriculture relies heavily on chemical fertilisers and toxic pesticides.
Which one of the following is correct for organic farming?
The correct answer is It uses minimal crop rotation. Organic farming is an agricultural process that uses biological fertilizers and pest control derived from animal or plant waste such as compost manure, green manure, and bone meal. Hence, statements 1, 2, and 4 are correct.
What is organic agriculture quizlet?
” Organic Agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of inputs with adverse effects.
Which is a characteristic of organic farming?
Organic farming is a system of farming which avoids or largely excludes the use of synthetic inputs and to a large extent rely upon crop rotations, crop residues, animal manures, etc. Its characteristics are: Use of organic materials as pesticides and insecticides. protecting the long-term fertility of the soil.
What are the advantages of organic farming?
Advantages of organic farming
- Minimises the external cost of farming.
- Efficient use of resources.
- Soil and the environment is a public good.
- Healthier food.
- Healthier animals.
- Potential profits.
- Time involved.
- More labour intensive.
What is the importance of organic farming?
Organic farming which is a holistic production management system that promotes and enhances agro-ecosystem health, including biodiversity, biological cycles, and soil biological activity is hence important. Many studies have shown that organic farming methods can produce even higher yields than conventional methods.
What is organic farming India?
Organic farming in India is an agricultural process, uses pest control derived from organic manure and animal or plant waste. It is a new system of agriculture that repairs, maintains, and improves the ecological balance. Organic farming uses organic inputs, green manures, cow dung, etc.
Which one of the following is not used in organic farming?
Basic components of organic farming are green manures, farm yard manure, vermicompost, crop rotation, biopesticides and biofertilizers. Snail cannot be a component of organic farming.
Which of the following biotechnology methods are used in organic farming?
In organic farming, farmers use natural manures, compost, and bio -fertilizers, instead of using chemical fertilizers. Some useful microbes used as bio -fertilizers are bacteria, algae, and fungi.
What is one benefit of organic farming methods quizlet?
– An ecological production management system that promotes and enhances biodiversity, biological cycles, and soil biological activity. – Good farming practices withough using synthetic chemicals.
Who invented organic farming?
It was Lord Northbourne (Walter James; 1896-1982) who gifted to the world the term ‘ organic farming ‘. His 1940 book Look to the Land is a manifesto of organic agriculture.
What is agriculture and organic farming?
It is a method of farming system which primarily aimed at cultivating the land and raising crops in such a way, as to keep the soil alive and in good health by use of organic wastes (crop, animal and farm wastes, aquatic wastes) and other biological materials along with beneficial microbes (biofertilizers) to release
What are the types of organic farming?
Types of Organic Farming
- Pure Organic Farming. As the name of this farming process suggests, it uses natural ways for cultivation.
- Integrated Organic Farming.
- Crop Rotation.
- Green Manure.
- Crop diversity.
- Soil Management.
- Controlling pests Biologically.
What are the basic principles of organic farming?
The Principles of Organic Agriculture are Health, Ecology, Fairness and Care.
What is the concept of organic farming?
Organic farming, agricultural system that uses ecologically based pest controls and biological fertilizers derived largely from animal and plant wastes and nitrogen-fixing cover crops.