- 1 What types of shows were popular in the 1960s?
- 2 What were 3 popular TV shows in the 1960s?
- 3 What were some popular TV shows in the 50 60s?
- 4 What genre of TV shows were popular in the 1960s?
- 5 What are 4 popular movies in the 1960s?
- 6 What was the #1 TV show in 1956?
- 7 How many channels were there in 1960?
- 8 What was on TV 1965?
- 9 What was the first TV show in the world?
- 10 What was the #1 TV show in 1950?
- 11 What was the #1 TV show in 1955?
- 12 What was on TV in 1953?
- 13 What were some old TV shows?
- 14 What cartoons were in the 60s?
- 15 What was TV like in the 60s?
What types of shows were popular in the 1960s?
What were the most popular TV shows in the 1960s?
- Gunsmoke (1960)
- Wagon Train (1961)
- The Beverly Hillbillies (1962)
- The Beverly Hillbillies (1963)
- Bonanza (1964)
- Bonanza (1965)
- Bonanza (1966)
- The Andy Griffith Show (1967)
What were 3 popular TV shows in the 1960s?
Top-rated United States television programs of 1960–61
|3||Have Gun – Will Travel||CBS|
|4||The Andy Griffith Show|
What were some popular TV shows in the 50 60s?
The Best 1950’s Classic TV Shows
- Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet. View Show. 1952-1966 | ABC.
- Bonanza. View Show. 1959-1973 | NBC.
- Dragnet. View Show. 1952-1970 | NBC.
- Father Knows Best. View Show. 1965-1960 | CBS.
- Gunsmoke. View Show. 1955-1975 | CBS.
- Have Gun – Will Travel. View Show.
- The Honeymooners. View Show.
- I Love Lucy. View Show.
What genre of TV shows were popular in the 1960s?
There were countless shows of ‘ 60s that had a touch of the supernatural, science fiction or fantasy with Bewitched, Star Trek and The Addams Family being among the highest rated. Rural-themed and military inspired shows like Green Acres and Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
What are 4 popular movies in the 1960s?
The 15 Most Important Movies of the 1960s
- The Apartment ( 1960 ) United Artists.
- Psycho ( 1960 ) Paramount Pictures.
- West Side Story (1961) United Artists.
- Dr. No (1962)
- 8 1/2 (1963) Embassy Pictures.
- A Hard Day’s Night (1964)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)
What was the #1 TV show in 1956?
Top-rated United States television programs of 1956–57
|1||I Love Lucy||CBS|
|2||The Ed Sullivan Show|
|3||General Electric Theater|
|4||The $64,000 Question|
How many channels were there in 1960?
And oh yeah, there were only three channels. By 1960, most American households had a television, and that year’s Nixon/Kennedy debate was the first televised presidential debate.
What was on TV 1965?
The following is the 1965 –66 network television schedule for the three major English language commercial broadcast networks in the United States. Monday.
|8:00 PM||I’ve Got a Secret (B/W) (19/22.4) (Tied with The Lawrence Welk Show)|
|8:30 PM||The Lucy Show (3/27.7)|
|10:00 PM||The Steve Lawrence Show (B/W)|
What was the first TV show in the world?
That is, until The Queen’s Messenger aired in Sept. 11, 1928. The 40-minute long program was the first drama to ever be broadcast on television, thanks to WGY Television, General Electric’s experimental station based in Schenectady, N.Y.
What was the #1 TV show in 1950?
Top-rated United States television programs of 1950–51
|1||Texaco Star Theater||61.6|
|3||Philco TV Playhouse||45.3|
|4||Your Show of Shows||42.6|
What was the #1 TV show in 1955?
Top-rated United States television programs of 1955–56
|1||The $64,000 Question||CBS|
|2||I Love Lucy|
|3||The Ed Sullivan Show|
What was on TV in 1953?
The Top Ten TV Shows in 1953 were:
- I Love Lucy (CBS)
- Dragnet (NBC)
- Arthur Godfrey’s Talent Scouts (CBS)
- You Bet Your Life (NBC)
- The Milton Berle Show (NBC)
- Arthur Godfrey and His Friends (CBS)
- Ford Theatre (NBC)
- The Jackie Gleason Show (CBS)
What were some old TV shows?
Prepare to laugh, cry, and scratch your head with some of the best classic TV shows available.
- All in the Family (1971-1979)
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-1977)
- The Honeymooners (1955-1956)
- Laverne and Shirley (1976-1983)
- The Love Boat (1977-1986)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1962-1965)
- The Flintstones (1960-1966)
What cartoons were in the 60s?
|The New Adventures of Pinocchio||136||1961|
|Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse||130||1962|
|Popeye the Sailor||220||1962|
What was TV like in the 60s?
Television in the 1960’s was very different from today’s T.V. You were only allowed watch the networks on that were put on and that’s it. There was only three channels available; ABC, CBS, and NBC.