- 1 Which of the following is not an effect of farming?
- 2 What are the effects of technology on agriculture?
- 3 What technology is used in farming?
- 4 What are the negative effects of agricultural technology?
- 5 Which kharif crop is grown during the rainy season?
- 6 Which one of the following is are the impacts of modern agriculture?
- 7 What is modern technology in agriculture?
- 8 What are the positive impacts of agriculture?
- 9 How can we improve technology in agriculture?
- 10 What is new in technology?
- 11 What inventions helped farmers?
- 12 Which country has the best agricultural technology?
- 13 What is the positive and negative impact of tourism?
Which of the following is not an effect of farming?
You can study other questions, MCQs, videos and tests for Class 9 on EduRev and even discuss your questions like Which one of the following is not an effect of the modern farming?[2010 (T-1)]a)Soil degradationb)Deforestationc)Decrease in groundwaterd)Water pollutionCorrect answer is option ‘D’.
What are the effects of technology on agriculture?
Higher crop productivity. Decreased use of water, fertilizer, and pesticides, which in turn keeps food prices down. Reduced impact on natural ecosystems. Less runoff of chemicals into rivers and groundwater.
What technology is used in farming?
Some major technologies that are most commonly being utilized by farms include: harvest automation, autonomous tractors, seeding and weeding, and drones. Farm automation technology addresses major issues like a rising global population, farm labor shortages, and changing consumer preferences.
What are the negative effects of agricultural technology?
Farmers and others who come in contact with air, water, and soils polluted by chemical fertilizers and pesticides, for example, may face negative health consequences. By degrading components of the ecosystem, these practices affect the health of plants and animals living within the ecosystem.
Which kharif crop is grown during the rainy season?
Rice is the most important Kharif crop of India. It is grown in rain -fed areas with hot and humid climates, especially the eastern and southern parts of India.
Which one of the following is are the impacts of modern agriculture?
The top fertile soil of the farmland is removed due to the excessive water supply. This leads to the loss of nutrient-rich soil that hampered productivity. It also causes global warming because the silt of water bodies induces the release of soil carbon from the particulate organic material.
What is modern technology in agriculture?
Modern farming technology is used to improve the wide types of production practices employed by farmers. It makes use of hybrid seeds of selected variety of a single crop, technologically advanced equipment and lots of energy subsidies in the form of irrigation water, fertilizers and pesticides.
What are the positive impacts of agriculture?
Urban agriculture on a small scale can help to localize food production, reducing the overall environmental footprint of our modern food systems. Benefits include lower greenhouse gas emissions, minimal transportation requirements, and reduced energy use for food production.
How can we improve technology in agriculture?
By Nidhi Sharma, Amit Kumar Mungarwal
- Here are some examples of how modern technology can be used to improve agriculture:
- Monitoring and controlling crop irrigation systems via smartphone.
- Ultrasounds for livestock.
- Usage of mobile technology and cameras.
- Crop Sensors.
- Vision about modern agriculture.
What is new in technology?
Top 10 latest technology trends you must follow in 2021
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Artificial Intelligence has made a lot of hype over the last decade.
- 2.5G and enhanced connectivity.
- Edge computing.
- Internet of behaviors (IoB)
- Quantum computing.
- Human augmentation.
What inventions helped farmers?
At one time, food production was hard, laborious work. Thanks to certain agricultural inventions, it has become much easier for farmers to produce food. Here are 7 of those inventions.
- Reaper. For several centuries, small grains were harvested by hand.
- Steam Engine.
Which country has the best agricultural technology?
Top Agricultural Producing Countries in World
- China. China has 7% of the arable land and with that, they feed 22% of the world’s population.
- United States. The United States is known for its agriculture science and provides some advanced agriculture technology in the world.
What is the positive and negative impact of tourism?
Tourism can provide jobs and improve the wealth of an area. Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
|New facilities for the tourists also benefit locals, eg new roads||Overcrowding and traffic jams|
|Greater demand for local food and crafts||Prices increase in local shops as tourists are often more wealthy than the local population|