- 1 What is the primary goal of sustainable farming Brainly?
- 2 What is the primary goal of sustainable farming quizlet?
- 3 What are the goals or objectives of sustainable agriculture?
- 4 What is sustainability in farming?
- 5 What is the main purpose of sustainable?
- 6 Which of the following is an example of a sustainable method of resource management?
- 7 What are the three main goals of sustainable agriculture?
- 8 What are examples of sustainable agriculture?
- 9 Which is not a goal of sustainable agriculture?
- 10 What are 5 sustainable agriculture practices?
- 11 Why do you support the concept of sustainable agriculture?
- 12 What is objective of sustainable development?
- 13 What are examples of sustainable practices?
- 14 How can farmers increase sustainability?
- 15 Why agriculture is not sustainable?
What is the primary goal of sustainable farming Brainly?
Answer: Meeting current needs while preserving the resource for the future is the objective of sustainable farming.
What is the primary goal of sustainable farming quizlet?
What is the goal of sustainable agriculture? To raise food without damaging the environment or future productivity while operating ethically with regard to animals and local communities.
What are the goals or objectives of sustainable agriculture?
Take better advantage of on- farm resources. Employ natural and biological controls for pests and disease. Sustain the economic viability of farming. Enhance the quality of life of farmers and society as a whole [source: Gold]
What is sustainability in farming?
Teagasc has defined sustainability as an approach to farming that we can sustain into the foreseeable future. – Environmental sustainability means careful and efficient use of natural resources such as water, soil and nutrients; thereby minimising the negative side-effects of farming on our own environment.
What is the main purpose of sustainable?
The Sustainable Development Objectives cover different apects of social development, environmental protection and economic growth, and these are the main ones: – The eradication of poverty and hunger so as to ensure a healthy life.
Which of the following is an example of a sustainable method of resource management?
One of the example of sustainable management of natural resource is- a community recycling the products that are comprised of mineral resources, without affecting the quantity of the natural resources. Thus, the correct answer is option (B).
What are the three main goals of sustainable agriculture?
Sustainable agriculture integrates three main goals – environmental health, economic profitability, and social equity (Figure 1).
What are examples of sustainable agriculture?
Over decades of science and practice, several key sustainable farming practices have emerged—for example:
- Rotating crops and embracing diversity.
- Planting cover crops.
- Reducing or eliminating tillage.
- Applying integrated pest management (IPM).
- Integrating livestock and crops.
- Adopting agroforestry practices.
Which is not a goal of sustainable agriculture?
Which of the following is not the component or goal of sustainable agriculture? Explanation: The sustainable agriculture is moving around three main components or goals—environmental health, economic profitability, and social and economic equality. Hence, D is the correct option. 9.
What are 5 sustainable agriculture practices?
Top 5 sustainable and eco-friendly farming practices
- Permaculture. Permaculture is a food production system which mimics how vegetables and plants grow in natural ecosystems.
- Aquaponics & Hydroponics.
- Using Renewable Energy Resources.
- Crop Rotation & Polycultures.
- Trees Can Increase Crop Yields.
- Wrapping It Up.
Why do you support the concept of sustainable agriculture?
enhance environmental quality and the natural resource base upon which the agriculture economy depends. make the most efficient use of nonrenewable resources and on- farm resources and integrate, where appropriate, natural biological cycles and controls. sustain the economic viability of farm operations.
What is objective of sustainable development?
The aim of sustainable development is to balance our economic, environmental and social needs, allowing prosperity for now and future generations. These include social progress and equality, environmental protection, conservation of natural resources and stable economic growth.
What are examples of sustainable practices?
There are several examples of sustainable development in the U.S., they include:
- Green Space.
- Crop Rotation.
- Sustainable Design and Construction.
- Water Efficient Fixtures.
- Renewable Clean Energy.
- Waste to Energy Recycling.
- Water Treatment.
How can farmers increase sustainability?
Practical measures include:
- Improved EBI and extending the grazing season.
- Substituting clover for chemical fertiliser.
- Changing to protected urea.
- Reducing losses from slurry.
- Improved energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Incorporating forestry and hedgerows on farm.
- Using the ASSAP advisors to help improve water quality.
Why agriculture is not sustainable?
Leading among the causes of unsustainable agriculture are inadequate or inappropriate policies which include pricing, subsidy and tax policies which have encouraged the excessive, and often uneconomic, use of inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides, and the overexploitation of land.