- 1 Which statement regarding organic food is false?
- 2 Which is true about organic farming?
- 3 Which of the following is false regarding organic farming?
- 4 Which of the following statements are correct about organic farming?
- 5 What substance is found in organic food at higher levels?
- 6 Is organic a lie?
- 7 Who is father of organic farming?
- 8 What are advantages of organic farming?
- 9 What is the important of organic farming?
- 10 What are the different types of organic farming?
- 11 What are examples of organic farming?
- 12 What are the basic principles of organic farming?
- 13 Which of the following biotechnology methods are used in organic farming?
- 14 Which process does not help to maintain soil health in organic farming?
- 15 Does organic farming use Bt cotton?
Which statement regarding organic food is false?
2. Which statement regarding organic food is false? Organic food typically costs less than conventionally produced foods. Organic foods cannot contain food additives or chemicals used for processing.
Which is true about organic farming?
Organic agriculture can be defined as “an integrated farming system that strives for sustainability, the enhancement of soil fertility and biological diversity while, with rare exceptions, prohibiting synthetic pesticides, antibiotics, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, and growth hormones”.
Which of the following is false regarding organic farming?
B. Organic farmers avoid hybridised crops is the correct answer. Explanation: Organic farming is done without using man made pesticides and herbicides that can harm wildlife or environment.
Which of the following statements are correct about organic farming?
Organic farming used to increase agricultural productivity, and maintain sustainable soil productivity, but not to produce particularly vegetables rich in vitamins and minerals. Thus, the correct answer is option C.
What substance is found in organic food at higher levels?
However, reviews of multiple studies show that organic varieties do provide significantly greater levels of vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus than non- organic varieties of the same foods. While being higher in these nutrients, they are also significantly lower in nitrates and pesticide residues.
Is organic a lie?
According to an annual summary of pesticide data, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) revealed that a whopping 21 percent of organic samples tested contained pesticide residue.
Who is father of organic farming?
The concepts of organic agriculture were developed in the early 1900s by Sir Albert Howard, F.H. King, Rudolf Steiner, and others who believed that the use of animal manures (often made into compost), cover crops, crop rotation, and biologically based pest controls resulted in a better farming system.
What are advantages of organic farming?
Organic agriculture generally creates less soil and water pollution and lower greenhouse gas emissions, and is more energy efficient. Organic agriculture is also associated with greater biodiversity of plants, animals, insects and microbes, as well as genetic diversity.”
What is the important of organic farming?
Organic farming which is a holistic production management system that promotes and enhances agro-ecosystem health, including biodiversity, biological cycles, and soil biological activity is hence important. Many studies have shown that organic farming methods can produce even higher yields than conventional methods.
What are the different types of organic farming?
Types of Organic Farming
- Pure Organic Farming. As the name of this farming process suggests, it uses natural ways for cultivation.
- Integrated Organic Farming.
- Crop Rotation.
- Green Manure.
- Crop diversity.
- Soil Management.
- Controlling pests Biologically.
What are examples of organic farming?
Definition of organic farming
- Unprocessed products: vegetables, cereals, fruits, cotton, flowers, animals, eggs or milk;
- Processed products for human consumption: cheese, bread or instantaneous meals;
- Food for animals like organic soy cakes;
- Materials for vegetative reproduction and seeds.
What are the basic principles of organic farming?
The Principles of Organic Agriculture are Health, Ecology, Fairness and Care.
Which of the following biotechnology methods are used in organic farming?
Organic agriculture is a holistic system, and biotechnology techniques are based on reductionist methods. Single-gene resistance is used as one example. Breeding for vertical resistance—complete immunity based on a single gene—fails when the pathogen evolves to overcome that plant’s immunity.
Which process does not help to maintain soil health in organic farming?
Answer: A very important part of the process -based regulatory framework is the prohibition of certain methods in organic production and handling. Methods like irradiation, sewage sludge, and genetic engineering are all expressly prohibited from being used when growing or processing organic foods. Hope it is helpful.
Does organic farming use Bt cotton?
Organic farming involves the process of farming using natural products like compost. It does not involve the use of chemicals like pesticides and urea. Genetically modified crops like Bt cotton are chemically synthesized plants and so it does not come under organic farming.